Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 3 of Our NEW Year!

My, oh my!  How will we get back into the "school routine" again on monday?  We have been up and playing until 11pm each night.  And we are loving it.  Do you ever just turn off the TV, put away the phones, and just pull out the toys and play with your kiddos/pets?  If not please do!

Another thing that we have been doing is listening to music and just having dance parties.  Right now my kids and I are loving T Swifts new CD, especially her ode to New York and her shake it song!  We also have several other favorites and we listen to a variety of music from some pop songs to a lot of Christian music and the classics from several decades :-)

We have also been thinking about things that do not go smoothly in our home and ways that we need to improve them.  I will share some of the family stuff in a future post but today I am going to focus on my personal needs for 2015.

One of my goals this year is to put my health on the front burner no matter what.  I consistently put it on the back burner to take care of my family and I cannot do it anymore!  I want this year to be life changing to me.

With that I must get organized.  I must follow routines (I thrive on routines) and I have to focus on only what is important to me as a person and our family!  I need to stay in the Word and I need to be more consistent in reading to my children and actually doing a family home evening each week.  Not just planning it and then "not feeling like it" or not doing it because my day was too hard.  Of course the days and times that we plan to focus on God will be challenged.  That is the last thing that evil wants us to do!

Putting my health on a front burner means that I have to say No when things are not on my focus list.

It means that I have to get up and go through the motions no matter how much I want to sit down and just play.

I also do not have the luxury of just eating what I want to do.  I have to take this strictly and I have to plan ahead.  I never know when I will be in the hospital or running back and forth to appointments so I have to have meals ready to grab at a moments notice and ready to eat without much work.  So I think I will be freezing some smoothies.  I will have to change my taste buds and keep trying things until I like them.  Like snacking on peppers, which I hate, or other cold fresh foods (I love hot foods).

AND I have to remember to put my fit bit on (I hate wearing it to sleep).

I also need to refuse to allow my room to be the last cleaned.  Because I need my desk, I need my space, and I need to be inspired from the time I wake up.

And speaking of waking up, I need to stick to a strict sleep schedule.

These are all things that I know that I need to do.  None of this is going to be easy but by golly, I have to make some changes.

What changes do you have to make?  Have you ever been in a position where you know that change has to come but the work involved just seems so daunting?

Well to give props to one of my favorite books series, I need to be Dauntless this year!!

So, here is to some of my New Years resolutions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!