Monday, September 16, 2013

Something Amazing is Happening

Something really awesome has happened!  You see, we (as a cable/antenna free family) have been huge fans of YouTube for about 5.5 years.  We love how we can look up kids music, like when certain musicians perform on Sesame Street.  We love how we can watch science experiments.  We love a family that blogs everyday and shares positive fun content for us to watch (they are called the Shaytards and have vlogged everyday for five years!) We have many things we like to watch together  as a family and then some channels that Brendan and I watch without the kids.  Our kids are not allowed to watch it without us and so they are only exposed to what we think is appropriate for them.  As many of you know, I have missed and struggled with the fact that blogging is something that does not fit my life at this time.  But, at the urging of my children I decided to give vlogging a try.  It has been great!  A few days ago Avacake approached me and asked if she could share some things about seizures.  All of my kids have always been camera and video lovers.  Not a day goes by that I don't hear "take my picture" or "please record this."  But for Gracie to want to talk about seizures, that was a big deal.  Unfortunately, Nine has brought some insecurities And embarrassment in regards to her special needs.  So being advocates and trying to raise as much awareness for epilepsy as possible I jumped at the chance.  We vlogged and she was so excited and proud of her video I asked everyone to watch it so that when she woke up the next morning she would feel great seeing everyone who cared!  One vlogger in particular was a huge catalyst to the joy and outreach that Avagrace experienced ad that is Louise aka Sprinkle of Glitter!  My children love to watch the videos she puts up of her daughter and they love to try to speak in her British accent lol!  This lady is a fabulous fashion, beauty, and lifestyle vlogger and blogger who is the Mom of one adorable little girl, Baby Glitter, and an amazing wife and inspiration to thousands.  If you know the expression "some girls are just born with glitter in their veins". It is very true of this lovely lady, but more than that, she leaves a trail of glitter wherever she goes!  She has a huge heart And I will forever love her for loving on my daughter.

Avacake's video has had over 550 views.  We have also had tons of amazing and encouraging emails and messages.  But with the good comes the bad and we had many new viewers that did not know Ava's story and so we also had many confused and negative emails.  So in response I have filmed an explanation of Avacakes story and diagnosis.  I am editing it now and will post it today.  I know that I will not be able to answer every question or even tell her whole story but it is a start.  And I really hope that this will continue so that more and more people will learn about epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy and seizures.

If you have any questions or suggestions on what I should cover, please let me know!  We appreciate you all so much!

Please, if you have a minute go check out Louise's blog at sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.com or her You Tube channel @ www.youtube.com/user/sprinkleofglitter

As always our channel is www.youtube.com/user/sevenswansaswimming and the video that I am talking about is titled "Sixty Second September 10 Avacake Shares Insight on Seizures".

Thanks for checking in and have a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!