Ok, so the week of no words will continue into this week as last week we ran into some network issues. It will continue tomorrow with some fabulous artists and a give away or two!!!
For now I will share some really super exciting things that are happening around here! First, spring cleaning has sprung and I am soooo excited. I love spring cleaning, de-cluttering, and reorganizing! Most excitingly for the first time in our marriage, Bren has agreed to let me paint our home! I am beyond thrilled. Especially since we have put house hunting on pause for an undetermined amount of time due to upcoming career moves for Bren and myself. We will be doing major reorganization efforts in our sardine can base house and this place will be so awesome! I will keep you up to date so the first announcement in this move?
GOOD BYE SOFA'S! That is right, no sofa's for us....no chairs, no big clunky pieces of furniture stealing space etc. Instead we will have a living room full of soft floor cushions, pillows, bean bags and rugs. It will be so cozy and we cannot wait! We moved the first sofa out today and the other one will be gone by the end of the week.
Here are the top ten reasons we said goodbye to traditional living room seating arrangements.
10. We live in a sardine can.
9. They took up so much space and became the purpose of the living room, (sitting is not living for us!)
8. We are constantly sitting on the floor with pillows and the kiddos anyway, the sofa's often get in our way of play.
7. The space was so limited that the kids would climb on the sofa for play and this is not something that we want them to be accustomed to for when we have more space and nicer furniture.
6. It always seems that sofa's are breaking in ways that are dangerous such as springs popping out and exposing sharp edges or staples doing the same thing. The first sofa to exit had several staples exposed and a few nails as well.
5. Our sofa's never have matched as one was new for our marriage and one was a curb-side donation from a neighbor who didn't like it after she bought it (single military wife whose hubby spent nearly a year in the desert).
4. Did I mention that we have 7 people living in a sardine can? Even on game night we would end up on the floor anyway because there is never enough room for everyone.
3. I am so sick of stuff getting under bigger stuff. When we cleaned out the sofa today and moved it there were more toys under it than in the playroom! Ok that was an exaggeration but seriously there was at least 5 pounds of stuff under the two sofas combined. That is a lot of room for things getting lost.
2. Children who have cabin fever and do not obey the 'no climbing on the sofa' mandate always get hurt.
1. How cool is it going to be to have a room full of pillows? :)
So to elaborate on # 3, my cell phone has been missing for days. Guess where I found it this evening? UNDER the washing machine! Yeah! I know. At least I have my phone back.
So do you think we are crazy? Do you have any unconventional living arrangements? Do share and I will see you tomorrow for a wordless week continuation. Blessings!