Wednesday, January 20, 2010

a funny thing happened today!

Today was a horribly challenging day in each and every way! How interesting considering yesterday's post was all about the importance of a loving relationship with our children. I was going to follow it up today with all of the lovely ideas that I have come upon to help encourage such a bond and instead I tell you this.

Don't ever forget that some days are not going to be a roses and Sunshine. Some days, even though you are firmly against yelling and you swear you will never utter the words Shut Up to your children, you are human and you will make mistakes. Your children are children and they are human too. They will push each and every button that you might have all in the matter of five minutes. And in those very same minutes you will have car trouble and because you have only one car for seven people it will be devastating, and just seconds after you find out about the car trouble a dear friend will be calling because they really need your prayers, and a dog will vomit on your floor, while the other one escapes to run around a neighborhood with a leash law for the fourth time that day, all while the baby has a blow out for the fifth time, and by golly you have no clean laundry because you were backed up on it anyway! (Not that this has happened to me, ever) Never fear, our Lord has suffered so much more than this and he experienced anger and frustration and sadness, oh so much sadness! So get into the habit of singing "Praise YOU in the Storm" by Casting Crowns! btw they are one of the best groups ever!! Check out the YouTube Video here!

So as I have experienced quite a day, a day that I am ready to put to bed I might add, I can tell you one thing that I was reminded of today that I do hope you have.

It is of the utmost importance that you have a church family. That is a group of fellow believers, those of like mind and like heart, that will walk along side of you even when you are sitting at the dinner table grumbling that you feel like you could throw your children out the window (come on now I know I am not the only one that has sarcastically said that to my children as I pick them up and try to do it, all in jest of course! just to lighten the mood). Or crying because you miss your deployed spouse, or worn out from life in the trenches. Everyone needs a safety net of people that don't need to know why you are feeling or acting the way that you are because they know that you are an amazing person. A group of people that love you and want to help you just because. A group of people that have your best interests at heart and will be there when you have lost control of your heard of children and you just really need a hug and for someone else to say "your mom already said no and I think you better try really hard to obey because God gives long life to those who honor their mother and father."

Tonight, I am so very thankful for my Tinker Chapel family. A family that loves me and helps to cheer me up because they see the chaos that can sometimes be raising five little ones! It is a family that understands this crazy thing called "the military life" and it is a family that is undyingly devoted to Jesus. If you do not have a family like this, please contact me and I will join you in prayer and in any other way that I can to help you find this! If you are in the Central PA area I can tell you that my Home church is one of the best in the world and no matter where I live they will always be one of my very important life lines. I pray for them daily and would love to send you their way. First Baptist Church of Gettysburg! (I even have the address if you would like :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!