Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Side Note

As my regular readers know, I am preparing for my masters and working on getting some of my books into print! This week a lot has happened in my writing life.

First I have been invited to a writing conference in February, in Colorado! Max Lucado is going to be there and I would love to go! It is an intensive weekend where I can meet with authors, publishers, and agents. I will also take classes and learn from the best in the business. The only downfall is that even with the scholarship that was awarded with the invitation, I would need about 1500.00 to go! OI!

The second thing is that I have been nudged to work more on my Children's book about epilepsy! I have been working on it, very loosely, for about four months. What I would like to know from you fabulous folks is....what do you think children who do not have epilepsy, would like to read that would interest them and make them want to read it over and over again?

My other question is this, do any of you subscribe to Publishers Weekly? It is a weekly magazine that shares the best of the best when it comes to publishing. However, it is a 250.00 subscription! I would love to have it as a resource but...WOW! I will buy used copies if anyone has them, thanks!

Please let me know, discussion is open!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!