Saturday, November 28, 2009

and THE pie!!

Last week Violet got to go with Daddy to get the pumpkin pie at Sam's Club. I know what you are thinking, "you bbbuuuuyyy, your pie???" I know I am horrible, but I am not a baker and I use my fresh pumpkin for pumpkin dip, pumpkin bread, pumpkin scones, and pumpkin mousse. So yes, I do buy my non-vegan pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving :)

So the second Violet, Breya, Liam and Bren got back from Sam's with The Pie, Violet immediately wanted some. It was like tortured to her to have to wait two whole days to eat THE Pie.

On top of that the kids were anxiously awaiting Wednesday evening when we would take an hour long drive over the river (I wish there was a river nearby) and through the woods to "Ashalee's house" for Thanksgiving. One of my best and dearest friends has just moved into a house in the country south of Norman Ok. We were going to spend the night at her house so that Bren and I could play games with Ashley and Bryan that night and so Ashley and I could wake up and cook our hearts out.

We were so excited. I could not wait for a weekend with Ashley and in the midst of nature and trees. A retreat for a restful Thanksgiving full of four adults and seven children ages 7 and under! Every few hours a time check would occur from Sunday onward. "How many more days, hours, minutes, and seconds until we can go to Ashaleee's" and quickly Violet would add to whomever asked "and eat THE Pie for Thanksgivin dinner."

Oh that girl, so sweet and so in to sweets! She just loves pie and The pumpkin Pie was the total consumption of each and every thought from Monday night till Wednesday night.

So we went and had a marvelous time. It was one of the best Thanksgiving's to date and yes Violet had her pie.

1 comment:

  1. It was our best Thanksgiving ever also! It made it even more special since it was our first time hosting Thanksgiving at our house! Until next time.....

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!