Sunday, October 25, 2009

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat....

That song rings in my ears right now. My kids are loving the leaves changing, yes they are actually changing this year as oppose to blowing off the trees to turn brown and crispy instantly! I took the two big girls to the zoo on Saturday to get some good photos and I am just loving the cool weather too!


The other thing that fall brings is the incredible influx of bulk rate mail to our door step. I get about 1-3 catalogs PER DAY now and it is so daunting! However, one company in particular has captured the hearts and eyes of both myself and my kiddos. With a plastic allergy in the house we have to be pretty choosy nowadays when it comes to play things. I also like to try to be as earth friendly as I can. Finally I love to buy from families versus corporations. And so I have fallen in love with Nova natural Toys and Crafts. Their catalog came this week and the kids asked to look at it. They too love to window shop. So I gave it to them and for at least 30 minutes the four oldest sat around a circle oohing and aahing over what they saw. In the end they each had their favorite and a request for Christmas!


If you get a chance to look at the company's site you won't be disappointed, that is until you realize you can't buy everything that you want because you want it all! Their website is HERE.



Their toys are very friendly for those with special needs as well! I am looking at the modeling wax, the child's size mop, and a few other things especially for Avagrace for her muscle strength...she loves to mop, adores it actually. I am not running a child labor camp :), it is a reward for her and it uses her little muscles that her medicines seem to weaken so much! There are also wooden stacking bowels and rings that Liam can play with that won't cause him hives and anaphylaxis. Violet is in love with their doll highchair that is also safe to be around Liam, and Breya wants a kitchen...after all she plays with toy food more than any other toy! We just got her wooden and fabric toy food for her birthday! Aidan would do just about anything for the cash register and more than anything I would love to buy each and every member of our 7 Swans Family one of their beautiful wooden recorders! Recorders are a fabulous introduction to music and it is something that we would all love to do together!



Here are a few pics of the items that we just love! Enjoy and be sure to check out their store!!
















1 comment:

  1. Such great ideas for Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing.

    It's so nice to "meet" you here. Thank you visiting over at Getting Down With Jesus as well.

    Blessings to you ...

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!