Saturday, October 24, 2009

2nd grade redemption!

So in second grade my teacher taught me that A, E, I, O, U and sometimes Y and W too!, were the vowels! My whole life I have been taking slack for this because my mom and sister, among others, say that I remember it wrong or that the teacher made a joke that I wasn't paying attention too etc. So just a minute ago I was going to check my email before I head to bed and the top news story is "A,E,I,O,U,Y...English words without a vowel or a sneaky sometimes vowel like y..." Many times I have been asked, "well if 'W' is a vowel like 'Y' then what word can you show that does that...I was always baffled. UNTIL NOW!!!

Meet cwn.....Yup CWM is a word, legit in scrabble, in the miriam websters dictionary... a noun derived from Welsh meaning valley and pronounced \ˈküm\ or KOOM......So there you go!

Yes, I am doing my happy dance!

On another note, I have taken the week off because the microbes were not totally gone and I came down with the flu and pneumonia on top of it! And Liam had it right along with me, my poor baby. However, we are doing very well and I will be back writing now. Thanks for your prayers, they were surely felt!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!