Sunday, August 30, 2009

Movies Part II

Wow, this weekend there were over 115 hits to this blog! That being said I will be revealing a sponsor this week! So check back, it's a good one!

Now onto the cliff hanger for our weekending!

The movie that....
I go to most often when I am in the mood for some fun (just me time)...The Devil Wears Prada

I choose when the kids want me to watch a movie with them....Evan Almighty, Cheaper by the Dozen, Yours Mine and Ours

I choose when animated is a must...The Tale of Desperaux, Ratatouille, Nemo, or a Barbie Movie

is the best "feel good" movie ever! Enchanted

I choose when I need to be encouraged in making the right choices...Fly Wheel

I choose when I want to be vulnerable and lovey and am prepared to Cry....The Notebook

I choose when I want to watch a great movie about lasting love and redemption...Sweet Home Alabama

I choose whenever I can...Anne of Green Gables or Sense and Sensibility

I choose when I want to be reminded of home and is the easiest for me to relate to....Little Women (the one with Winona Ryder)

I choose for the kids when they want to watch Cartoons....Charlie and Lola

I want to be encouraged in my faith (this best describes my understanding of faith through the ages)...The Love Comes Softly Series

When I want to laugh and laugh.....Night at the Museum Two or Mean Girls

Ok now in the last blog I also started with a paragraph about how there can be those movies that you connect to for reasons other than enjoyment. Like when connect with a character's struggles. You may experience those same struggles but don't want to admit it to anyone else. It is freeing to feel not alone, even if it is only fiction. Fiction has to be inspired by some truth. A few movies I have watched recently have really struck a chord with me because of this reason.

For instance Sunshine Cleaners with Amy Adams really hit home. Many times I feel like Amy Adams' character especially when it comes to seeing people from your past. Before I became a Christian I was a very different person "the old has gone and the new is here" this couldn't be more true for myself. Thinking back to some of the choices I made or the attitude I had is appalling. It is very easy to forget that God has forgiven and redeemed such things from my past. After all, it is some of those very things that help me to be who I am now. Now, I must say that the things that her character did are not things that I have done, it is the feelings that she showed and the way that she felt inferior at times but reminded herself over and over that she was not. This is what I can relate to.

Another movie that I find myself relating to is a combination of Smother and The Women....the theme being a mother not knowing who she is anymore because she has defined herself by her children. WOW, this couldn't be more accurate. I have been pregnant and nursing for 7 years straight. It is very weird just getting over that change, let alone being someone other than so and so's mom. I absolutely love this honor but I want my kids to see that I am also invested in something I love too, whether it is cooking, blogging, writing, sewing, art, yoga, etc....I want them to see me doing things just for fun. While I totally agree that having my children is a blessing that deserves a incredibly large amount of sacrifice on my part, I also feel that if they see me being me, and not just being mom, they will be better for it and so will I.

Oh and I cannot forget the movie Juno. This movie is definitely a bit off at times, yet amazing at the same time. It is a film that made me so proud of a a character as if they were a real person. The movie showed a girl who willingly accepted the consequences of her actions and gave her child the best possible outcome. She didn't kill her baby because she was too afraid of the pain of getting attached and then giving them away...she put her feelings aside and was very unselfish. Being responsible and giving her baby a home. She knew that the pain she felt from killing the baby would be worse than the pain of missing seeing them grow up. I relate to this movie because it is what I encourage girls to do when they are in a similar situation if raising the child is not an option. It was good to see it on a movie.

There are so many other films that I love and relate too. I had a few private emails from individuals that told me about movies they relate to and why. They were very private and it was good to hear. Thank you for your participation and reading of my blog. It was fun taking a count of how many hits my blog got over the weekend.

Blessings!
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!