Friday, June 19, 2009

Adjustments

You know, life really is all about the experiences. As I sit here and digest our new reality I can't help but get anxious in a good way and maybe a little in a not so good way. As many people have brought up, Japan is a lot farther away than Oklahoma. However, Oklahoma has become our home too. When we got here I will admit, I was less than enthused. However, I have made forever friends here. Just like I have back in PA. Just like I have from Finland. One of the top three reasons for joining the Air Force was so that we could travel with our big family. So that we could give a big family the experiences of God's creation, all over God's creation. I am so thrilled to be able to be a resident of Japan. While I know that it will be far, we will be there for about 2 or 3 years and then we will likely be back here at Tinker. There is a possibility that we could go to Alaska after Kadena, but the likelihood is not very high. So while my family will need to leave half of our house in storage, and get use to living in much smaller quarters (smaller than 7 people in our current house YIKES!) I love the opportunity to experience life that is so different. I guess too that God knew all along what I was suppose to do regarding my work/school/stay at home mom dilemma. Now, which craft do I take to Kadena? Well definitely my computer, and then my sewing machine, hands down! I am so thrilled! I just hope my mom can store my scrapbooking stuff for me so it doesn't get damaged in storage....hmmmm.

So as soon as the birthday parties are over this weekend and next weekend, I will begin having a yard sale every week until we leave LOL!!! 2.000 pounds is nothing for a family of seven, basically beds, clothes, a few kitchen necessities and well that is it...oh and maybe a vaccuum lol...If you have been to Kadena and have any PCS ideas/suggestions/input, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!