Thursday, May 14, 2009

I should have seen it coming!

So yesterday when I wrote about a normal day without surprises, I should have seen it coming.

I woke up to see the clock yelling 8:11 this morning. Fabulous, 19 minutes until departure time. Quick, I jump out of bed, run to the beds of my 'over sleeping children' but alas they are not there. They have put a movie in, before school!!! "This is not Saturday morning! Quick we must get dressed." Run, Run, Run back to the girls room to get their clothes, and "Oh My!" The ceiling is on the floor. (For those of you who traveled through the deployment chaos of a year ago, you will remember that the roof was replaced for this same issue. A YEAR AGO!) It isn't like we are in Seattle, how can a roof wear out in a year?

Ok, call housing, get the girls dressed, pick up the sleeping baby. "Aido, get a head start and walk straight to the cafeteria for breakfast you need to eat there today." "Don't stop to talk, go straight to the cafeteria." Meanwhile our dogs have escaped from the back yard because the lawn guys broke our fence yesterday and Aidan wants to catch them. "Mrs. So and So already brought them back once today Mom, she is at work now, nobody else will know that they are ours." I tell him No, I will get them when they are in school on time. He leaves, I get the girls ready and out the door we go. Only to see Aidan walking to school with a boy who lives five streets down the opposite direction. "AIDAN, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!" How unsafe that was. To say the least he will not get to walk alone anymore!

So we are all on our way. Me holding Liam and the little girls walking as quickly as possible. Avagrace skipping along. Aidan stomping his feet to the sound of "I got busted and am mad about it." To the cafeteria we go and we are going to be on time. That is until my children decide to talk, talk, talk, instead of eating. I have no idea why they talk so much, it is so not like anyone in my family!

Late they are, but they made it. A few minutes later and we are back at home. Winston is in our house, someone returned him for us. You can tell the dogs that get out a lot when the whole base knows who they belong to! I am worn out already and I have only been up for, what an hour? My friend comes over to visit with her two boys. It was a lovely visit and she helps me get caught up on a few chores before it is time to get Gracie again. My friend leaves, I put Liam in the sling this time, yeah free arms! We start walking and WINSTON! He managed to run out of the house when we were leaving and runs away. Thankfully a passerby stops him and I put him in my neighbors yard. Oh but he is so athletic he can squeeze through their fence as well. He meets us in the middle of the road. He is so dumb if I let him go he would probably try to jump in a moving car. So I pick him up and no more free arms. I am carrying a dog and a baby in a sling. My two little girls are following behind and the gate guard jokes that I look like the pied piper. Funny! I forgot my ID but he says that he will allow the pied piper back on base. We get Gracie and I carry the 20 pound dog all the way home.

Next is lunch, and then nap! My favorite, well my second favorite time of the day! I lay down to watch Gracie sleep and to nurse Liam but I fall asleep myself. I then wake up 15 minutes later to a giggly smiling sweet baby boy. I was so happy to have one on one time with him before the girls woke up. We then started to fold the laundry and switch the loads, get dinner started, and clean up toys. They got to watch a movie, this is a favorite in our house but a one TV time a day (at most) rule has been put in place. Now it is extra special!

Some more friends came to visit. They are going to have their first baby any day and were walking through labor pains so they came to visit for a bit! I got to talk to my husband and then I did something to surprise my him when he returns.

One of my best friends, and neighbor, came over as she does most nights. She fed Liam and I got to eat with the kids! Very nice! We chatted and spent dinner time together. Then it was desert and bed.

So now I sit here writing in my blog with the three youngest asleep. Aidan cleaning the bathroom out of anxiety. (yes you read that right. I went in to the bathroom in the midst of writing because I heard a spray going and going. It was Aidan spraying the toilet with Lysol. "what are you doing" He said "I couldn't sleep. My mind is too busy. So I decided to do something nice for you" How could I get mad at him. I have to admit, I am the same way. The apple did not fall far from the tree. He is such a sweetheart. So I say "ok but finish up so you can get a goodnight sleep. Tomorrow is Super Kids day and to do really well you need sleep!"
Avagrace on the other hand has fallen asleep at least three times only to wake up a few minutes later. She is on two seizure medicines right now. We are slowly decreasing one and increasing the other. This is very hard on her. These are mind altering medicines and it messes with her sleep, emotions, appetite, etc. She is very emotional and restless. But she keeps leaning in to kiss me and tell me she loves me. She also asks me to rub her hair, and of course I am eager to oblige. I love to love on my kids!

So no it was not a "normal day" but it was normal for me. Full of surprises, drama, love, laughter, emotion, friends, and most of all Gods hand guiding me through it all. I didn't get to tackle the office yet. But who knows if I can't sleep I am sure I will be in the office like Aido was in the bathroom.

I hope that you all have had a wonderful day full of JOY!!! By the way, does anybody know of a good word of the day email program?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!