Sunday, May 24, 2009

Homecoming




Brendan is home after a five week deployment/TDY. It is so wonderful having him back. We celebrated his first day home with a trip to the playground and lots of family playtime! It is always funny to me how emotional the first and second day back is. Everyone reacts to it differently. Some of the kids don't want to look at Bren because they are either mad that he has been gone or unsure of how they should act. Aidan is the most vocal in squealing with joy and jumping into Bren's arms and not letting go for at least an hour. Liam was very similar in his reaction although he clung to me but squealed and squirmed with excited kicks! Breya was so happy she laughed, then she started to cry and hit at Bren because she was clearly mad that he had left her, then she clung to him too. Of course the clinging then turned into an attitude and a fear of daddy leaving so she would not let him out of her sight! Ironically, I also was full of emotion. I was so happy to have him home, and quite relieved because I was truly in stay-strong mode through all of these seizures and doctor appointments, so when I had his big arms to melt into-I became a puddle.














I also had a lot of anxiety about making everything work. Bringing someone back into the family after any amount of time away always has its struggles. The kids and I have developed new routines, new habits, new quirks and I don't want to go back to where we were, but I don't want to make Bren feel outta sync. So here we are in reintegration. Having a blast, and working on making the "honeymoon" phase of it all last!! Enjoy some photos!












No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be submitted in a kind and respectful manor, this is family-friendly blog and all comments must be rated G! Thanks and happy posting!